Tricalc vs. Metal 3D

What's the history behind Tricalc, does anyone know ? it is so similar to CYPE's metal 3-d and CYPECAD... the GUI is almost identical to CYPE's, the calculation engine seems to run the same way, etc ...

sisifo

Platino
May be it would be interesting to update the comparison. A lot of new functions have been introduced in Metal 3D and in CYPECAD, as well as in Tricalc.

Thank you, I was able to read and understand it. What called my attention the most in TRICALC is the fact that it has had many more options for connection design; something that only recently CYPE has seemed to pick up. One thing that I still don't understand in both is the fact that neither has the capability of designing "K" and "knee" braces for "contravietamento", only those so called "Cruz de Santo Andre" (?!) Why is that limitation ??

sisifo

Platino
What called my attention the most in TRICALC is the fact that it has had many more options for connection design; something that only recently CYPE has seemed to pick up.
I think this in not true. I think Tricalc announced connection design some days after CYPE implemented it in CYPECAD and Metal 3D, but connection design was not implemented in Tricalc until months later.

One thing that I still don't understand in both is the fact that neither has the capability of designing "K" and "knee" braces for "contravietamento", only those so called "Cruz de Santo Andre" (?!) Why is that limitation ??
Perhaps it is due to the fact that in Spain, were both programas are born, they are not usual. It would be nice if you could insert some details of the connections you think are important for the use of the software in North America, were I think you are located.

I know, I know ... isn't that something cool ?!?! But guys.. guys !!! I am presenting/showing here a concept, not a product per say. Forget about the product !! Think about the concept and configuration: currently, CYPe only provides lateral bracing using "tirantes", and that's a SERIOUS limitation that have to be overcome in the next releases; otherwise how can ones use Metal-3D to work with buildings, not warehouses mainly ????